August 29th, 2006
|04:41 am - Stolen from a Laurenis|
Hmmm..... I dunno, what do you think?
May 12th, 2006
|05:52 pm - Thesis|
Progress has been made.
This makes me happy.
Current Mood: ecstatic
December 14th, 2005
|11:06 pm - Lifted with Love (12 Days of Christmas)|
( Read more...Collapse )
Current Mood: chipper
Current Music: Mannheim Steamroller
October 27th, 2005
|09:55 am - Watch where you're going!|
Obviously motor vehicle accidents abound. I would like to take this time to make a PSA.
Brought to you by anyone who is not braindead:
"When you are driving your big ass boat of a vehicle, make sure that you can see objects in your chosen direction of motion."
A few weeks ago I was in the drive thru teller of the bank, getting ready to make a deposit. I am at a stop, looking in my checkbook, when something catches my attention. I look up in time to see an SUV back into the front end of my car. The woman (*sigh* yes she was blonde) gets out, looks at me, looks at the car, looks back at me, and goes "I didn't see you, I thought you were the curb."
-Last I checked, curbs don't have crumple zones. Thank you for playing. Asshat.
Right now my car is in the shop getting fixed, and I am getting intimately acquainted with a Toyota Corolla in Lunar Mist (silver.....the color is frickin' SILVER..... just like my car is called sandalwood metallic.... it is GOLD). My baby will be in the shop for a minimum of 8 days. I need a complete cosmetic overhaul on the front end. A few grand in damage.
Yeah....her SUV.... scratched bumper. *sigh*
2 morals of the story:
1. Watch where you're going
2. Drive thrus are not made for backing up. That thru is supposed to be unidirectional.
More motor vehicle hijinks.
- The other day I almost got run over by a semi hauling a load of pigs. On some level I wonder if there was symbolism that I was missing, but I'm pretty sure it was just the guy being an idiot.
-This morning one of my students watched a woman get run over in the parking lot of our university. I do not have enough details yet. She's alive, but apparently not in great shape. Whether this was obliviousness or road rage I couldn't tell you. Given the parking situation here, road rage is a viable option. Given my experience......some form of terminal stupidity set in. Hopefully the woman will heal quickly, and my student won't get nightmares.
So.... even if other cars beep at you, or other drivers rage.... take the two seconds to look at where you are directing your vehicle.
Current Mood: sleepy
June 24th, 2005
|12:14 am - Fished from onesexiladee|
| diamonddreamer |
diamonddreamer was hatched from an ancient egg, uncovered in the arctic
Fear my Molly!
Current Mood: amused
Current Music: Crossfade - Cold
June 16th, 2005
|08:40 pm - I just remembered why I don't like Texas|
Hot hot hot!!!!
A/C is out. Condo is 91. Meh.
Will write more later. Coherent thought is pretty much a distant memory.
Current Mood: uncomfortable
June 10th, 2005
|03:18 pm - Interesting short quiz|
Current Mood: amused
June 8th, 2005
|10:38 am - Tag... I'm it!|
Tagged by onesexiladee.
1. Favourite scent: Jessica McClintock, Bath and Body Works Ylang Ylang and Myrrh
2. Favourite way to relax: Reading, driving, giving backrubs
3. Favourite movie you own: The Princess Bride
4. Favourite movie/s you don't already own: Indiana Jones movies
5. Favourite male movie stars: Christian Slater, Johnny Depp, John Cusack, Brendan Fraser
6. Favourite female movie stars: Angelina Jolie, Sandra Bullock, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Julia Roberts
7. Favourite book genre: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror, Mystery, romance (most things fiction, really)
8. Favourite clothing store: Lane Bryant, Torrid
9. Favourite non-clothing store: Best Buy, Any book store
10. Favourite cartoon character: Eeyore
11. Favourite CD you own: Stabbing Westward - Wither, Blister, Burn, and Peel, Pink Floyd - The Wall, October Project - self titled, The Cars - The best of the Cars.
12. Favourite CD you don't already own: Any spoken word by Henry Rollins that I haven't bought yet.
13. Not going to tag anyone. If you'd like to do this, feel free!
Current Mood: content
Current Music: Lords of Acid - The Crablouse
June 5th, 2005
|07:50 am - Meme oh my|
( well, some of it's true...Collapse )
Current Music: White Zombie: More Human than Human (Meet Bambi ... Mix)
|07:24 am - Hell... a Quiz too|
Current Mood: giddy
Current Music: White Zombie: Electric Head (Satan in High Heels Mix)